This notice sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us.
Muntons plc manufacture ranges of malts and malted ingredients, used within a wide range of international food and beverage, brewing and distilling products.
Who are we and how to contact us.
Muntons are a UK-based manufacturing company.
Registered office address: Cedars Maltings, Needham Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 2AG Registered in England with company number: 176992
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
- Our website(s)
- Email correspondence
- Telephone calls
- Paper communications
- Social media
- Visiting our offices
- Enquiring about or buying products or services from us
- Providing buying products or services to us
- Trade events such as conferences or exhibitions
You should be aware that if you access third party websites (including those of our Affiliates), using links provided on our websites, these websites are outside our control and have their own privacy policies governing the use of personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
An Affiliate is a company or partnership that is not wholly owned by Muntons plc, but which is part owned or controlled by Muntons plc.
What data we process about you
We need to obtain, store and use information about you for legitimate business purposes – namely so that you can enjoy and benefit from our goods and services. We may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
Name, contact details, organisation, employment details
Information generated by the work, service or relationship we may have with you:
Business details, bank and financial details, communication and correspondence
Information generated by visiting our website or engaging with us on social media:
IP addresses, social handles or usernames
How we collect information about you and how we will use it
We may collect any information that you provide during your correspondence with us. This could be, but not limited to, one of the following ways:
- Giving information directly to us by methods including filling in forms either on our website(s) or via other media.
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Requesting any of our goods, services, downloads or other information
- Communicating with us through methods including but not limited to e-mail, telephone and written correspondence
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given consent for us to process your information.
- Where we need to perform the contractual obligations we have entered into with you or the business you are working for or with
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
We may use your personal information:
- To manage our relationship and administer our business either as a part of a contract or where we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so
- To execute a contract or request
- Where we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of our products or services by appropriate communication methods, unless you’ve objected to us doing so
- Sending you marketing and information about our business via e-mail if you have consented to it
- To administer the website and improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- To deal with complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Adding it to information we or Muntons companies/affiliates already hold on you or your organisation
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group. We may also share some of your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Marketing Agencies who help us promote ourselves or deliver our services
- Printers, Email service providers or other suppliers who help us to send our newsletters and communications
- Suppliers providing services to us to help us run our business
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law.
International Transfer of Data
Muntons may send your data outside the European Economic Area (the European Economic Area being the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, also referred to as the “EEA”), Where your personal data are transferred or accessed outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
Your choices in relation to personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You also have the rights and choices which you can exercise on the data we hold on you.
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal information
- Withdraw consent
- Object to direct marketing
- Ask us to rectify any errors or erase the information we hold,
- Object or restrict our processing of your information
- Request that we return your personal information or, where technically feasible, have it transferred to a third party
For more information or to action these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention and destruction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold about you. We will not use your personal information unless it is (to the best of our knowledge) accurate and up to date.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
When the purposes we collected the data for have ended we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Data Controller Contact Information
If you have any questions relating to your use of your personal data under this Privacy Notice, please contact:
The Company Secretary
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you believe we have not acted within the law or have infringed your rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data we will use strict security measures to try to protect it against loss, misuse, or unauthorised alterations.